By Tom McReynolds, David Blythe
Read or Download Advanced Graphics Programming Techniques Using OpenGL PDF
Similar programming books
What might take place if you happen to optimized an information shop for the operations program builders truly use? You’d arrive at MongoDB, the trustworthy document-oriented database. With this concise advisor, you’ll the way to construct based database purposes with MongoDB and PHP.
Written via the manager options Architect at 10gen—the corporation that develops and helps this open resource database—this ebook takes you thru MongoDB fundamentals corresponding to queries, read-write operations, and management, after which dives into MapReduce, sharding, and different complicated subject matters. Get out of the relational database rut, and reap the benefits of a high-performing procedure optimized for operations and scale.
* research step by step the instruments you must construct Hypertext Preprocessor functions with MongoDB
* practice Create, learn, replace, and Delete (CRUD) operations, and how you can practice queries to retrieve info
* Administer your database, and entry and control information with the MongoDB Shell
* Use capabilities to paintings with units, arrays, and a number of records to accomplish synchronous, asynchronous, and atomic operations
* observe PHP’s neighborhood instruments and libraries, and why they’re useful
* paintings with standard expressions, aggregation, MapReduce, replication, and sharding
Microcontrollers exist in a large choice of versions with various buildings and diverse program possibilities. regardless of this variety, it's attainable to discover consistencies within the structure of such a lot microcontrollers. Microcontrollers: basics and functions with PIC makes a speciality of those universal parts to explain the basics of microcontroller layout and programming. utilizing transparent, concise language and a top-bottom method, the publication describes the elements that make up a microcontroller, how they paintings, and the way they have interaction with one another. It additionally explains find out how to software medium-end images utilizing assembler language.
Examines analog in addition to electronic signs
This quantity describes the constitution and assets of basic microcontrollers in addition to PIC microcontrollers, with a distinct specialise in medium-end units. The authors speak about reminiscence association and constitution, and the assembler language used for programming medium-end PIC microcontrollers. in addition they discover how microcontrollers can gather, procedure, and generate electronic signs, explaining on hand thoughts to house parallel enter or output, peripherals, assets for real-time use, interrupts, and the categorical features of serial information interfaces in PIC microcontrollers. eventually, the booklet describes the purchase and iteration of analog indications both utilizing assets contained in the chip or by means of connecting peripheral circuits.
Provides hands-on explanation
Using functional examples and functions to complement every one subject, this quantity presents the instruments to completely take hold of the structure and programming of microcontrollers. It avoids overly particular information so readers are quick led towards layout implementation. After studying the cloth during this textual content, they are going to know the way to successfully use PIC microcontrollers in a layout process.
Excessive functionality Parallelism Pearls quantity 2 deals one other set of examples that reveal how one can leverage parallelism. just like quantity 1, the recommendations incorporated right here clarify how you can use processors and coprocessors with a similar programming – illustrating the simplest how one can mix Xeon Phi coprocessors with Xeon and different multicore processors.
From the crew in the back of Linux person & Developer journal, RasPi is the fundamental consultant to getting the main out of the Raspberry Pi credit-card sized desktop. filled with specialist tutorials on tips on how to layout, construct and code with the Raspberry Pi, this electronic journal will train and encourage a brand new iteration of coders and makers.
- HTML5 Games Most Wanted: Build the Best HTML5 Games
- Starting out with Visual C# 2012 (3rd Edition)
- Learning PHP Design Patterns
- Thinking Functionally with Haskell
- Programming Languages: 16th Brazilian Symposium, SBLP 2012, Natal, Brazil, September 23-28, 2012. Proceedings
Extra resources for Advanced Graphics Programming Techniques Using OpenGL
2. Draw the top layer polygon (decal) also with depth testing enabled and depth buffer updates still disabled. 3. Draw the underlying polygon one more time with depth testing and depth buffer updates enabled, but color buffer updates disabled. 4. Enable color buffer updates and continue on. Outlining a polygon and drawing hidden lines are similar problems. If we have an algorithm to outline polygons, hidden lines can be removed by outlining polygons with one color and drawing the filled polygons with the background color.
When attempting to use a filtering algorithm other than the one supplied by the GLU library, it is important to keep a couple of things in mind. The highest resolution (finest) image of the mipmap (LOD 0) should always be used as the input image source for each level to be generated. For the box filter, the correct result is generated when the preceding level is used as the input image for generating the next level, but this is not true for other filter functions. Each time a new (coarser) level is generated, the filter needs to be scaled to twice the width of the previous version of the filter.
Texture coordinates are assigned to the vertices of all primitives (including the raster position of pixel images). The texture coordinates are part of a three dimensional homogeneous coordinate system (s,t,r,q ). When a primitive is rasterized a texture coordinate is computed for each pixel fragment. The texture coordinate is used to look up a texel value from the currently enabled texture map. 1]. OpenGL can treat coordinate values outside the range [0,1] in one of two ways: clamp or repeat. In the case of clamp, the coordinates are simply clamped to [0,1] causing the edge values of the texture to be stretched across the remaining parts of the polygon.